1. General Information
(1) The protection of personal data is important to us and is also required by law. The EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act serve to protect personal data. We process your data exclusively on the basis of these legal provisions in their currently effective versions (DSGVO, DSG).
This data protection declaration will inform you about the type, scope and purposes of the collection and use of your personal data by us in connection with your visit to and use of our website www.ottronic.com ("website"), our social media presences (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), as well as when you contact us.
(2) The term 'personal data' means, as defined in Article 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as the 'General Data Protection Regulation' or 'GDPR' for short), all data that can be attributed to you personally. This includes, for example, name, address, e-mail address or user behavior. With regard to further terms, in particular the terms 'processing', 'controller', 'processor' and 'consent', we refer to the legal data protection definitions in Article 4 of the GDPR.
(3) The Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, hereinafter referred to as 'DPA', applies to matters which have an impact in Switzerland, even if they are initiated outside of Switzerland. However, we use the terms of the GDPR throughout. The DPA terms 'personal data', 'processing', 'processor', 'special categories of data' and 'data portability' also mean, insofar as the DPA applies, the terms 'personal data', 'processing', 'processor', 'data transfer' and 'sensitive personal data' used in the DPA. The legal meaning of the terms in this case is determined by the DPA.
(4) As a matter of principle, we process personal data only insofar as this is necessary to provide a functioning website and the content and services we offer. Personal data is only processed on a regular basis if you have given us your consent according to Article 6 para. 1 lit. a) of the GDPR or if the processing is permitted by legal regulations, in particular by one of the legal bases mentioned in Article 6 para. 1 lit. b) to lit. f) of the GDPR.
(5) Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of its storage no longer applies. Storage may also take place if this has been provided for by national or European regulations to which we are subject. In this case, the data will be blocked or deleted when the storage period stipulated by the respective regulations has expired. The latter does not apply if further storage of the data is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
(6) Insofar as we make use of commissioned service providers for individual functions of our website or intend to use your personal data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below.
2. Data Controller
(1) Who is responsible for data processing and whom can you contact?
The data controller responsible for the processing of your personal data as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation in the context of using this website is Ottronic GmbH.
Ottronic Regeltechnik Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Tel. +43/(0) 3573 – 34008
Commercial Registry Court: Landesgericht Leoben
Sales Tax Identification Number: ATU29494801
(2) You can find further details about the data controller in our imprints.
3. Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to access,
- right to correction and deletion,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
(3) Within the scope of the DPA, you also have the rights to:
- Data disclosure,
- Data deletion.
4. Processing of Personal Data During Informational Use of this Website
(1) In general, you can visit our website without providing any personal data. If you access our website without registering or otherwise providing us with personal data ('informational use'), we only collect the personal data that your web browser transmits to our server. If you visit our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to enable you to view our website and to ensure its stability and security: IP address, date and time of the visit, time zone difference to GMT, content of the website, access status (HTTP status), amount of data transferred, request website, web browser, operating system, language and version of the browser.
(2) The aforementioned data is also stored in so-called log files on our servers. This data is not stored along with any other of your personal data.
(3) The storage of the aforementioned data in log files serves to ensure the functionality and optimization of our website as well as to ensure the security of our IT systems.
(4) This data is not evaluated for marketing purposes. Our legitimate interest in data processing is based on the aforementioned purposes. The legal basis for the collection and temporary storage of the aforementioned data and the log files is Article 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) of the GDPR. The aforementioned data necessary for the provision of our website will be deleted when the respective visit session has ended. The collection of the aforementioned data for the provision of our website is absolutely necessary for the operation of our website. Objection to this processing is not possible.
(5) Recipients of this personal data: Contract processors (IT service providers); in the event of a security incident also possibly: Law enforcement authorities, legal representatives, courts and administrative authorities.
5. Additional Functions and Offers of this Website
(1) In addition to the aforementioned informational use of our website, we offer various services which you may access if interested. This usually requires you to provide further personal data. We require this data to provide the respective services. The aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use the services of external service providers who have been carefully selected and commissioned by us to process this data. These service providers are obliged to follow our instructions and are regularly monitored by us. Insofar as personal data is transferred to third parties in the course of services that we offer together with our partners, you can find more detailed information in the following descriptions of the individual services. If these third parties are based in a country outside the European Economic Area, you can find more detailed information about the implications of this circumstance in the following descriptions of the individual services.
6. How to Contact Us
(1) You can contact us via e-mail, telephone or fax with enquiries about our company, products and services. In this case, we process your personal data for the purpose of processing your enquiry.
(2) This data (such as personal data (e.g. title, first and last name); contact data (e.g. address, telephone number, e-mail address); correspondence data (e.g. content of the enquiry); IP address; IT protocol and identification data (e.g. date and time of the enquiry), as well as any data that you provide to us by uploading or attaching documents; etc.) will be used exclusively to process your enquiry. Unless explicitly stated in this data protection declaration, this data will not be transferred to third parties.
(3) The processing of the aforementioned personal data is solely for the purpose of processing your enquiries.
(4) This is also our legitimate interest in processing your personal data. If you have given us your consent to do so, this is the legal basis for the processing of this data according to Article 6 para. 1 lit. a) of the GDPR. Otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of this data is Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) of the GDPR, in particular in the event that the data is transferred to us by you sending us an e-mail and in our legitimate business interest, namely in communicating with our clients and website users. Insofar as you intend to conclude a contract by sending us an e-mail, Article 6 para. 1 lit. b) of the GDPR constitutes an additional legal basis to do so.
(5) The data will be deleted, pending legal retention periods, as soon as we have conclusively processed your enquiry. When contacting us via e-mail, you can object to the storage of your personal data at any time. We would like to point out that in this case your enquiry can not be processed any further. You can declare the revocation or the objection by sending an e-mail to our e-mail address stated in the imprints.
(6) We process and/or store your personal data on a server of an external provider in the European Union. This ensures that the standards and regulations of European data protection law are adhered to.
(7) Other recipients: Contract processors (IT service providers).
7. Usage of Social Media
(1) We use social media primarily to communicate with existing and new clients and to make information about our company available to a wide range of recipients. For this purpose, we process contact and communication data in particular, as well as data necessary to measure the reach of the information we provide. In addition, the operator of the respective social media processes personal data for tracking (e.g. creation of user profiles based on usage behavior or interests), remarketing (e.g. targeted advertising ads by cooperation partners) and in order to provide us with statistical analyses of the usage of our services.
(2) Data subjects: Basically, all profile visitors, i.e. persons who access our social media profiles.
(3) Legal basis for data processing: We process personal data based on our legitimate interest in communication and direct advertising according to Article 6 (1) lit. f of the GDPR.
(4) Data processing outside of the European Union: Social media operators sometimes process data outside of the European Union.
(5) Data subject rights: We ask our profile visitors to exercise information and other data subject rights (e.g. deletion) directly with the social media operators if possible, as only the operators have unrestricted access to the processed data. We will of course be happy to forward data protection requests (e.g. information, correction, deletion) addressed to us to the respective social media operator. Further information on the exercise of your data subject rights, in particular on the available possibilities to object to data processing, can be found in the data protection declaration of the respective social media operator.
(6) Services used:
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland; Website: www.linkedin.com)